|JTOOLS BATCH PROCESSOR
JTools Table of Contents
Project Location: \JTools_BatchProcessor
Because of the in-depth historical files NxCore provides, there are several
times when the developer may want to run an application over many tapes.
Possibly for analysis, possibly to populate historical databases.
The Batch Processor application is a very simple modification of the Generic
Shell App. It takes a start date, stop date (and a few other parameters) and
processes through the dates, stopping only when the last historical file has
been processed. With very little effort, any one of the appropriate JTools
applications could be modified to batch process historical files using the code
provided with the Batch Processor application.
The Main Application Window:
Batch Mode Parameters:
- Run in Batch Mode - If checked, batch parameters become enabled and
allow the application to process files in a "Batch Mode". If
unchecked, individual files or realtime mode may be chosen in the standard
- Start Date - Date of the first historical file to be processed.
- Stop Date - Date of the last historical file to be processed.
- Tape Set - The NxCore 2 or 3 letter tape set code.
- Tape Ext - The NxCore tape extension (nxc, nx2 or nx3).
- Tape Path - Path to the historical tapes.
- Use Year Subfolders - Many users will organize their historical
tapes by year (such as Data\2016, Data\2015, etc). If 'Use Year Subfolders' is
enabled then the application will search in the Tape Path folder + the year
sub-folder for the specific NxCore historical tape file.
- Continue on Errors - If checked and an error occurs (such as a
missing file in the sequence) processing will continue with the next file. If
unchecked processing will stop on the first error encountered.
- Run in Reverse Direction - When selected, Batch processing will
occur from the stop date to the start date. If not selected batch processing
occurs from the start date to the stop date.
The rules for processing Saturdays and Sundays are as follows:
- Process Saturday - Process data for Saturday toggle.
- Process Sunday - Process data for Sunday toggle.
If enabled. data will be generated for the weekend day(s) chosen, for all
If disabled, then
All JTools application that utilize batch processing follow the above rule set.
- If running in batch mode through a range of historical files, the disabled
day(s) will be skipped entirely.
- If running in single file historical mode (batch mode disabled), the file
will be processed but no data generated.
- If running in real-time mode (batch mode disabled), the stream will be
processed but no data will be generated. This allows for continious running of
the application in real time mode.
JTools Table of Contents