Nanex ~ 18-Jun-2013 ~ The SEC's Blind Spot
The SEC has a blind spot, apparently. Just two of many examples we found on June 18, 2013. See also MNKD earlier the same day.
1. ACRE trades color coded by reporting exchange.
2. ACRE bids and asks color coded by exchange. Does this look like the work
3. ACRE - trades zoomed closer. 11 Exchanges and an unknown number of dark pools
participated in this romp.
4. ACRE. Zoom of bids and asks. An average of 5 orders made it to the top of
the book for every trade.
6. MGI trades color coded by reporting exchange.
7. MGI bids and asks color coded by exchange.
8. MGI. Zoom in of trades. Looks very orderly, if we ignore the 5 sigma event.